View Part-Time/Casual Positions
Position: Part-Time Residential Counsellor
Classification: Part-Time (Weekdays/Weekends/Shift Work) Minimum of 40hrs bi-weekly
Effective Date: June 1st, 2015 Closing Date: June 30th, 2015
Pay Scale: $18.10 hourly+ 4% in lieu of benefits
Under the direct supervision of the Residential Supervisor, the part-time Residential Counsellor is directly involved in supporting individuals in our Residence. The Counsellor is responsible for the ongoing assessment, training, socializing, counselling, care and treatment of individuals in a home setting. The Counsellor is responsible for assisting with program maintenance and development, assisting individuals to develop independence and provide personal care. The part-time Counsellor must be able to cope with adverse and challenging behaviour, be dedicated and motivated. The part-time Counsellor must be comfortable working with adults with a diverse range of developmental conditions.
- PSW designation or related.
- Completion of Secondary school education.
- Must be able to cope with a diverse range of behavioural situations.
- Able to manage the interests of individuals and maintain the Residential setting.
- Able to work independently and in a team setting.
- Good oral and written communication skills, must be able to use computer and Microsoft products.
- Must be dependable and willing to come in on short notice.
- Ability to converse in Cree.
Class G Driver’s License-Preferred
Vulnerable Sector Criminal Check-Mandatory
First Aid/CPR certification or willingness to obtain.
Crisis Prevention Intervention certification or willingness to obtain.
Mail or drop off resume to : James Bay Association for Community Living
Nathaniel Sumagpang, A/ Residential Program Supervisor
6 Butcher Street
P.O. Box 460
Moosonee, ON, P0L 1Y0
E-Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job description available upon request.
View Full-Time Positions
No postings at this time.